Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Scorpio v. Scorpion

Scorpio
Scorpion

Well, the ophtho interview trail is finally over, and I'm definitely ready to spend some extended quality time with the girls. There was a recent unfortunate incident, however, that I feel compelled to report. On this last trip I visited Kaylin's godfather, Aaron, in Omaha. He was planning on going to dinner with myself and another couple when he was called away for an urgent vitrectomy. He then insisted that I take his money ($40) to pay for myself and two others. As if anyone would really do this. So I left the money hidden in a magazine. As many know, Aaron's nickname is Scorpion, basically because he is sneaky and will sting you when you least expect it.
When I came back through Omaha on my way home to Seattle, Aaron gave me a card addressed to Kaylin. "Oh, how nice!" I thought foolishly. Upon getting home and reading the card to Kaylin, Jen and I realized that Aaron had used his beautiful new goddaughter in a diabolical plot to smuggle dirty money into our serene and untainted Seattle home. To make a comparison, Kaylin is a Scorpio, a very gentle and kind person much like her Grandpa Larry and her Auntie Malika. These pictures show the contrast between a Scorpio and a Scorpion. Please consider this a public service announcement. Aaron, when we asked you to be godfather we meant in the religious sense, not the Michael Corleone sense. Using our daughter to launder cash... tsk, tsk, tsk. Luckily, Kaylin has already informed us that this money will be going to a charity which helps underserved retina fellows nationwide.

1 comment:

Aaron Alme said...

It was Kaylin's idea. She must be gifted! ;)