Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dad 'Stache

We enjoyed a visit from Uncle Ben this past weekend. He is one of Kaylie's favorites. The reason for this post, though, is to show pictures of my "Dad 'Stache." The Dad 'Stache is a mustache I grew at the suggestion (demand) of my good friend Dave to pay tribute to all of the great dads we know who had/have mustaches. As Dave pointed out, all of our photo albums have those certain sections where each of our dads was sporting a really nice mustache. Except for my dad, who shaved his Jesus Beard before I was born but is still the #1 DAD in my book.

So as someone who aspires to be as great of a dad as all of those men who once sported the Dad 'Stache (as well as someone with too much free time), I just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration. There are sure to be some accidental exclusions, but the list includes:

Mike Newell
Ed Stein
Mike Tzenis
Matt Kleffner
Peter Wagstaff
Rick Souza
Bruce Schuh
Bill Booth
Jim Stein (just because we never saw it doesn't mean he wasn't trying)
Nigel Campbell (more of a finals week gimmick, but he's technically a dad)


Thanks to everyone, and I hope that Kevin Eddy and Jeremy Cassidy, as great dads, can rise to this challenge. (Quick note: The Cassidys just had their son, Simeon Christian, on May 3rd. Check out the link to the left for some pics of this beautiful new gift.)




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'mon, is that real? BD

twoplustwins said...

Great stache - second only to one that Dr. Tubbs briefly sported while studying for step 1. I'm honored to be included on the list, though did you really mean to say "still technically a mustache"? I'm having a hard time thinking of a scenario where I wouldn't technically be a Dad. Next post I expect some video of Kaylin doing some Chris Paul poses.

Papa Cass said...

Well, I suppose, after seeing that amazing display of sicking facial hair. I might have to consider seeing if I can also join in the tauted Dad Stache. As Michael H. Cassidy, can also be added to that list of Fathers who sport the Dad Stache, still does. Looked great August. The Cassidy's

Jen said...

I don't think Kevin Eddy could grow a mustache if he wanted...just to be honest.

Aaron Alme said...

That is disturbing. Really disturbing. Glad your interviews are over.