Friday, July 2, 2010

Hello vacation!

We have been horrible about taking pictures lately. Sorry! We spent last weekend in Moscow, ID celebrating the retirement of Fr. Joe! I worked for him for the year we were in Moscow. He's one of the most magnificent human beings ever. It was a wonderful celebration. We also got to spend time with Grandpa, Grandma and Auntie Sallie. Kaylin adores her Auntie Sallie. One of the nights Gus tucked Kaylin into bed and shut the two doors to the room on his way out. Peg comes downstairs to Gus and I laughing and asked,"Where do you think Kaylin is?" Great question. Apparently, she got out of bed, opened her two doors, opened the door to where Auntie Sallie was staying and walked right in with her blankies, Big Bird and all. She crawled into bed with Sallie and got to have some books read to her. When I brought her back to her bed she said, "But I like Auntie Sallie. I go see Auntie Sallie." Cute little bugger.

Luke is still an amazing sleeper. Unless he's a bit constipated, he's never upset. Oh yeah and he can't breathe out of his nose very well he gets a little irked too. He's smiling more and more and getting a lot of core strength. He's still a little too teetery to really master the excersaucer, but the time is soon! He's grasping things more and is interested in hanging out with me and smiling at me. Well, I'm interested at least.

My first two days of vacation has been mostly cleaning pee from the floor. I decided since I'm home for a straight month that I would try this naked potty training thing. She always pees a little on the floor and then I rush her to the potty and she finishes there. I'm starting to get her squats or postures. If only all I did was stare at her we'd be set. But usually it's when I turn to pick up Luke. Potty training is for the birds.

Have a wonderful weekend. Gus is on call this week so we will be staying put. He's two days into being a senior resident. Which means, he's on call for a week at a time, but not every four days!!!! We've survived the 1st year of ophthalmology residency. It was hit and miss for awhile there. =) Congratulation, Dr. Stein for destroying year one! Two (or three) more to go!


No comments: