As I've written before, there's nothing Kaylin likes better than Kaylin. Whether it's watching videos of herself on the computer or seeing herself in a mirror, her happiest moments involve herself. I've been working on some required online residency training over the past couple days, and during that time she's been a wonderful independent player. Every now and then I catch her staring into the tiny mirror on the Exer-Saucer with this huge grin on her face, just admiring her own beauty. Unfortunately, she hears the 'beep' of the camera starting up and it's Showtime, so the video doesn't really catch what I wanted it to. Time is winding down on my Mr. Mom adventure, and I'm really going to miss all of this quality time with Kaylin. I think we've developed a pretty good friendship, and hopefully she continues to recognize me even when I'm gone for 95% of the time she's actually awake. Thanks to everyone who sent along well wishes on Father's Day. We had a great weekend, as you can see. So far being a dad has been about a thousand times better than I ever thought it could be. I've never laughed so much and so frequently. Plus it's a huge self-esteem booster to hang out with someone who thinks everything you do is either hilarious or amazing or both. Jen stopped feeling this way about 3 hours into our relationship. I'm not exaggerating when I say I go into Kaylin's room every single night before I go to bed and A) Thank God that she has blessed our lives, B) briefly try and figure out how I got so lucky, and C) check to make sure her spit-out pacifier hasn't wedged between her face and the bed, ensuring that she'll wake up crying in about 30 minutes. It's become quite a ritual. Some pics below of Kaylin's sweet jogging outfit and of Kaylin checking out our friend Jeff at the Mariners game last night. The verdict? Jeff's pretty cool, and also funny.


Where are all the fans, Jeff?
This guy seriously just told me he likes the Cougars!
No comments:
Post a Comment