Enjoying life
We have been having a great time. We love Ballard! There is so much for us to do. Kat came to visit us the last couple of days. What a treat! I hadn't seen her in four years but it felt like we'd never been apart. It was wonderful. Kaylin loved the company. 
Check out those eyebrows. Do they look alike, or what!? Our big feat the last couple of weeks is getting Kaylin to fall asleep by herself. We eat, rock for 15 minutes and then put her in her crib. She usually cries for a couple of minutes and then goes to sleep. She has never cried more than 5 minutes, but it feels like forever! It's worth it however because she is sleeping through the night. That's right. She's actually been sleeping through the night for a month now, but I used to rock her until she fell asleep. Unfortunately, it does not mean I'm sleeping through the night. For some reason by body doesn't get it. I haven't slept through the night since October. I hope my body figures something out soon. Solidarity with all the parents out there, I guess. She does great through the night, but the other evening Kaylin was upset that I put her down. She rolls onto her stomach, lifts her head, and looks at you like, "WHY???". I walk away and wait the few minutes. Gus made the mistake of looking at her. By the time I got upstairs Gus had her in our bed. He's a sucker for that little girl. :)
1 comment:
I feel your pain. Why can't we sleep when our babies sleep? It seems like a cruel joke to play on sleep-deprived moms!
Post a Comment