Saturday, May 9, 2009

Pappou's visit- Happy Mother's Day!



Pappou came for a visit on Wednesday and Gus had the day off too. They had a lot of fun at the Aquarium. Kaylin LOVES fishes! She was sick Thursday night, so I had her in bed with me while Gus was on call so I could help her if she needed it. Luckily she didn't get sick again but I would wake up to her periodically talking to Elmo or counting out loud. She said the two and the three but one, four, and five were a little more creative. Of course it was followed by the "YAY!!!" and clapping. It was more awesome to me in the morning then it was at 3:30am. She continues to learn at rapid speeds and amazes us every day. On my second mother's day I can't believe how my life has changed and how she inspires me to be better than I was the day before. At Mass last weekend the priest reflected about what love was and what it meant to lay down one's life for another. He said that if you want to see true and selfless love, watch how parents love their children. Gus and I are so blessed to have this little girl to deepen our love for life and each other. I love being a mama!











This video is for the Greeks. My yia yia used to do this for me and my sister all the time. Let me tell you-it's exhausting. And Kaylin's not even 18 months old- I'm pretty sure I stood on my grandma's legs until I was 10. I think it was all the climbing up mountains to get oregano she did.



This is my mother's day card. She did a great job. She even gave me her favorite stickers.


2 comments:

Margaret said...

She's so big! Happy Mother's Day, Jen - you've got an adorable little girl. Love to all...

Marge

Jen said...

Happy Mother's Day! I agree...milestones are a lot less exciting in the wee hours of morning.