Triple 8s! Big Grandpa Stein turned 88 today; born September 22, 1922. What an extraordinary 88 years it has been!
Luke is 8 months today. You set him on the floor and he gets around. Does he crawl? No. He rolls all over and also pushes himself backwards to get what he wants. And quickly too. Ultimately he's just trying to get to where Kaylin is, only to be met with, "NO LUKE!" Needless to say he doesn't have great hand control yet. He loves to talk (Yup, lucky Gus. There are three of us!) and ends up squealing like a holler monkey. And then Kaylin says, "HEY LUKE! STOP YELLING!" And not in the indoor voice like we practice. Makes the drive to Renton interesting. He's growing so quickly. He's working on sleeping in his own crib all night. Unfortuately it's hard to let him learn to soothe himself late at night because I don't want him waking Kaylin. Just part of the dance of having two in the same room I guess. I remember that somehow everytime I think/thought "It will never happen..." it always does. He does smile most of the time and loves to kiss you (or eat your face. Depends on your point of view). Truly a delight and I can't get enough of him. Where is the time going?
2 comments:
what a super sweet entry. I can't wait to have my face eaten by Luke.
I agree with Joanna...your words just melt my heart. What a beautiful family you have! xoxoxo
Post a Comment